NAPAC – National Association for People Abused in Childhood
The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) is the UK’s leading national charity offering support to adult survivors of all types of childhood abuse, including physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect.
They provide information, support and signposting services for
- Adults who suffered childhood abuse
- Friends and family
- Professionals who support people who are disclosing childhood abuse
- They believe that any abuse of children – whether physical, sexual, emotional or ritual, or the result of neglect – is damaging and wrong.
- They know that abuse in childhood can cause continuing harm to people as they grow up. The abuse they suffered years or even decades ago is ruining the lives of millions of adults today.
- They believe that every individual has the right to leave the impact of childhood abuse behind, grow as a person and enjoy a happy and fulfilled adult life.
- They know that survivors of childhood abuse can be empowered and supported to do just that: there are proven ways in which we and others can help them.
- A free and confidential Support Line (0808 801 0331) which won’t show up on your phone bill. It is open 10am-9pm Monday to Thursday and 10am-6pm Friday
- A series of information booklets which are available to download for free from their website
- Advice on PTSD, flashbacks and grounding techniques
- Free 12 week Support Groups for adult survivors (subject to funding)
- Training for organisations which support people who are disclosing childhood abuse
They regularly face very high demand on their support line. Calls may last up to half an hour, so if all their lines are busy please be patient and try again later. They do not offer a callback service. You can also contact them via email (they aim to reply within a couple of days).
Address & Contact details
NAPAC, CAN Mezzanine 7-14 Great Dover Street SE1 4YR
Phone: 0808 801 0331