Time and Talents
Founded in 1887, today Time & Talents runs targeted projects working with people with high levels of need such as isolated elderly people and disabled groups, and universal wider activities and events designed to create a strong, resilient, happy, and supportive community. A core part of their work is providing ways for people to connect and share their time and talents, including a wide range of volunteering opportunities, skills-sharing, and opportunities to socialise and connect neighbours to reduce isolation.
There’s lots to get involved with at T&T, including:
- Formal/ informal learning opportunities, especially around practical skills like horticulture/gardening and crafts
- A befriending service for isolated older people, including digital befriending
- A range of groups to increase social connections and build new friendships:
- Happy Monday Group – a social group for over 60’s
- Social Contact Group – for older women with mental health needs
- Stroke Club, for people recovering from a stroke, and their carers
- Visually Impaired Club, for people who have experienced loss of sight
- The Green Team – our gardening club for all
- Well Now Programme – metal wellbeing activities for adults
- A wide range of community parties, events, and celebrations – because they’re the best way to bring communities together and build supportive relationships
- A range of hosted activities including a Local History Society, Rotherhithe and Bermondsey Choral Society, Creative Writing and Visual Arts groups.
T&T has long worked with older people and kids. Now they’re developing an exciting new programme of adult activities including:
- Life Drawing
- Tiny Talents Play Club for toddlers
- Super Fast Fridays – games and physical theatre for 8 to 11 year olds
- Well Now Programme – see below for further details
Well Now programme – FREE!
Mind Well: Mindfulness on Monday 10am
Walk Well: Walking Club on Wednesday 10.30am
The WELL Now series is all about self care, which simply means looking after yourself in our ever busy world. At these groups you can take time for yourself, make friends, and raise your mood.