Lambeth & Southwark Mind
Lambeth and Southwark Mind is an independent local charity working for the well-being of people in the boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark who are experiencing any kind of mental distress. We provide a range of services including; a telephone information line, a website directory and a peer support group, to support people in mental distress as well as their friends and families.
Regular Activities in Southwark include:
- Southwark User Council – First Monday of each month
- Hearing Voices Group – Every Tuesday 1–3pm
- Cuckoo Club – Every Thursday 1–4pm
- Victim Support – Every Thursday 1–4pm
- Southwark Women’s Forum – Second Friday of each month 12–2pm
We aim to improve the lives of local people who are experiencing mental distress. This means equipping them with the knowledge to make good decisions about their care, while building their confidence, self-esteem, skills and sense of purpose. It also means supporting and informing friends, families, carers and professionals.
The majority of us involved in running Lambeth and Southwark Mind have experience of using or receiving mental health services of various kinds ourselves.