Southwark Community Action Networks
Community Southwark is working with local partners around Southwark to create local Community Action Networks (CANs). The ultimate aim of Community Action Networks are to equip individuals with the tools and resources that they need so that they can get more involved in their area. Community Action Networks:
- Help connect people to what is going on in their local area.
- Provide people with information and support to help them be more involved in their local communities.
- Support people to develop specific ideas and projects for their local community.
- Help people have more confidence and opportunities to influence decision makers.
Southwark CAN’s website can be used to:
- Find out what is happening in your community.
- Share ideas you have about what needs to change in Southwark.
- Tell your story.
- Get help and support to make a difference in your local community.
- Organise and promote local events.
- Find out about the next CAN meeting near you.