Ace of Clubs
Ace of Clubs is a family-like community providing transformative support for those who are homeless, vulnerable and otherwise marginalised in their area. At their centre on St Alphonsus Road they provide for the immediate needs of those in desperate circumstances with safe shelter, food, warmth, clothing, laundry and showers.
Ace of Clubs offer a wide range of services, including:
- Food (lunch 12pm-1pm for £1, soup and sandwiches 2.15pm-2.45pm for 50p)
- Friendship and social contact
- Accommodation and welfare advice
- Job Centre Plus links
- Health care and optician
- Volunteering, education and training
- Referrals to Winter Night Shelter (November – March)
The centre on Alphonsus Road is open Monday to Friday, 12pm-3pm. Advice session appointments can be made outside these hours by coming into the centre during normal opening hours and booking an appointment.