We believe that everyone experiencing mental distress should have choice and control of their support, no matter what stage they are at in their journey toward mental wellbeing or how difficult their life circumstance.
Progression Together is our model of personalised accommodation-based support. It is designed to help people, move progressively towards increased independence, at a pace that is right for them.
The six key elements of Progression Together are:
- We support people along a staged pathway from initial intensive residential support, to preparing for independence and ultimately living independently in their community. At each stage, staff work alongside the individual towards tailored, meaningful goals, and that these are successfully achieved before moving to the next stage of the process.
- Service user leadership is the fundamental ethos of how we offer support to people across the delivery of our services. People are supported from the point of assessment to direct their own care and support and progression through the service. Choice and control are the basis for developing their own goals, deciding how they work towards them and with whom.
- Our staff are experienced in assessing the need for additional clinical support (such as psychotherapy or occupational therapy) and supporting people to access this.
- We work closely with all the agencies involved in a resident’s support (for example MAPPA or the Community Mental Health Team) throughout their progress towards and independent living. This ensures a co-ordinated, informed approach to assessment, support planning and review for every individual.
- We give staff the specialist training they need to be confident in supporting people with a wide range of challenging life circumstances.
- Peer supporters draw on their own experiences of mental distress to help others towards better mental wellbeing. Genuine, meaningful peer support can help people take huge strides towards improving their mental wellbeing and is a core part of the service we offer in our Progression Together services.