Lewisham Wellbeing Hub
Address, phone and email
Regus London Lewisham Riverdale, Romer House
Office 2.15 and 2.17
132 Lewisham High Street, 1St Floor,
London SE13 6EE
Phone: 0208 609 6747
Income Maximisation Support
Service Manager: Alexandra Del Toro
Head of Regional Operations: Matina Marougka
The service is open from Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
This service offers peer support.
The Lewisham Community Wellbeing Hub provides timely, targeted support to help people across the diverse communities in Lewisham to manage their mental health. Our aim is to provide people with the tools, resources and links to local services to improve their wellbeing and resilience in the long term, through the support of our experienced and skilled staff team. The service is open to anyone over 18 who lives in the London Borough of Lewisham, has experienced challenges with their mental health and who wants to improve their wellbeing.
The service delivers time-limited interventions to local residents in order to support them to develop strong self-care practices, maintain their wellbeing and feel able to be part of the local community.
The service offers:
- 1:1 support – up to 10 weeks of personalised support, including an initial assessment, and developing individualised goals and a support plan. As part of our 1:1 support offer, we have specialist Mental Wellbeing Advisors, who work with people from Black and ethnic minority groups, and migrants and refugees, delivering culturally sensitive and personalised, expert support.
- Wellbeing Workshops – a rolling programme of psychoeducational and psychosocial groups, delivered both in person and virtually. This includes workshops specifically for identified areas of need e.g. neurodiversity, men, older people, young people transitioning to adult services, and significant life changes such as divorce, and becoming a parent.
- Drop-in support, advice and navigation – there are a range of ways for people to contact the service if they have concerns or queries about their wellbeing, without needing a prior referral. This includes accessing our pop-ups in community venues across the borough, contacting our Hub Helpline, or sending us an email. We provide navigation support and information, helping people to find appropriate support whether through our service and/or another appropriate service.
- Income Maximisation Support (groups and 1:1s) – providing information and support for people who use our services to apply for benefits and relevant grant schemes to maximise their income, address debt issues, and develop/improve skills around budgeting and money management.
- Peer Support – volunteers with a lived experience of mental distress supporting others through 1:1 and group work (self-management groups), including in person, digital and telephone support options. View our Peer Support Groups Calendar.
- Yoga classes – For information on joining yoga classes in Lewisham view our Yoga at the Lewisham Wellbeing Hub poster
- Sydenham Garden – are a part of the Lewisham Wellbeing Hub and are sub-contractors with Together who use their gardens, nature reserve and activity rooms to help people in their recovery from mental and physical ill-health in Lewisham. The service aims to improve wellbeing through therapeutic activity and training, enabling people to move forward in a supportive community environment. You can read more on them and other community services in our Lewisham Wellbeing Hub Community Directory.
People can get in touch with us directly for self-referrals, or they can be referred to us by professionals. The service will be available to any Lewisham resident or anyone registered with a Lewisham GP, and aged over 18.
The service is delivered from a hub location, as well as various pop-up locations across the borough, and virtual support options.
Accessing the Lewisham Wellbeing Hub Community Directory
We have a community directory where we list services in the area that can provide further specialist support relating to mental health. This is available through the Lewisham Wellbeing Hub Community Directory.
Making a referral to Lewisham Wellbeing Hub
Referrals can be made to the Hub by health and social care professionals referring a person, or people can refer themselves using the referral form below:
Volunteer with Lewisham Wellbeing Hub
If you would like to volunteer with Lewisham Wellbeing Hub please fill out the form below to submit an application and the team will get back to you about opportunities: