SLaM Child and Family Service (Southwark)
At the Child and Family Service (Southwark), we see children up to 12 years of age and their families and carers. Within this service we also have a child sexual abuse mini-team where we see children and young people up to the age of 18 and their families and carers.
Problems we might help with range from:
- child and family relationship difficulties
- emotional problems
- behavioural problems
- attention and concentration difficulties
- anxieties and depression
- trauma and loss
- types of abuse including sexual abuse
There are a variety of ways that we can help, including:
- assessment of the problems
- parent and child work individual sessions for the child, which may include art psychotherapy or child psychotherapy
- family therapy
- parenting interventions
- cognitive behaviour therapy
- prescribing medication.
We provide a safe place for young people and their families to discuss and get help with their difficulties.