NIHCSS Specialist Housing Related Support
Address, phone and email:
7a Bank Plain
Phone: 0160 330 5321
What is the service?
The Norfolk Integrated Housing and Community Support Service (NIHCSS) Specialist Housing Related Support is a recovery focused service for adults aged 18 and above.
It is provided for people who are engaged in structured treatment with Change Grow Live (CGL) and who have a housing need. NIHCSS Specialist Housing Relating Support is a recovery focused service to directly support people in structured treatment around their housing related needs. That can be either individual or shared houses and includes those living with their family or friends (sofa surfing), in hostels, supported housing or who are street homeless.
The support provided through this programme is to be integrated with the broader package of treatment available in Norfolk. The service will support people to keep them engaged with alcohol and drug treatment, working in collaboration with CGL. Together’s team will promote and encourage take up of recovery and work coaching schemes as appropriate.
What can you expect from the service?
NIHCSS Specialist Housing Related Support will provide timely, targeted support to help people engaged in structured treatment with the Norfolk alcohol and drug behaviour change service (CGL) who have a housing need. Key elements of the service include:
- Working and negotiating with existing accommodation providers to gain access to accommodation, and prevent evictions and homelessness
- Developing positive relationships with private landlords to access new accommodation options for people using substances.
- To support people who use the service with rent deposits and first month’s rent, where appropriate, and enabling access to accommodation that would not otherwise be available
- Supporting people who are using substances to develop strategies that reduce the risk of eviction relating to behaviour
- Encouraging effective independent living skills (including meal planning and preparation, support with shopping and cooking, and developing healthy eating plans)
- Promoting equal access to effective care and treatment including developing people’s physical, social, psychological and emotional wellbeing
- Building personal financial awareness to include welfare benefits entitlement, tenancy expectations and budgeting.
- Encouraging landlords and supported accommodation providers to have substance use policies which are legally grounded and reduce the likelihood of people losing their accommodation because of their substance use
- Working with direct access hostels and homelessness outreach providers to support people who are sleeping rough in their engagement with substance support and treatment services.
Making a referral
The service is for adults aged 18 and above who are engaged in structured treatment with the Norfolk alcohol and drug behaviour change service and have a housing need.
Change Grow Live (CGL) can make a referral by completing this referral form in full and if there are any questions or issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.