Together to host Criminal Justice Recruitment Fair virtual event
Posted on 22, September 2022
Too many people pass through the criminal justice system without their mental health needs being recognised. With more than 70% of the prison population experiencing some level of mental distress, it’s crucial that specialist services exist to ensure that people get the care and support they need to break the cycle of offending.
This is where Together for Mental Wellbeing’s Criminal Justice service comes in and on Wednesday 19 October they are hosting a virtual event where people can find out more about the services and ways they can join the team and make a difference in people’s lives.
The virtual event will be available at two different times on 19 October to allow for people’s work schedules so they can choose to attend in the morning at 11am or later in the day at 6pm in the evening.
The event will feature:
- Details of the different services Together’s Criminal Justice Team run from liaison and diversion in courts to specialist terms working with specific conditions
- Information on all the roles available and career paths with the option to be added to a mailing list for future opportunities
- Presentations on our values and information on equality diversity and inclusion and learning and development at Together
- The chance to ask any questions about the services and roles within them and also speak with people in the teams now
There is no cost to attend the event and we’d encourage people to recommend it to others they think may be interested. Groups that should attend include:
- Registered mental health practitioner looking for a new role
- Professionals with a mental health qualification considering a new challenge working in criminal justice
- Students studying Mental Health Nursing, Psychology, Social Work or Occupational Therapy considering their first role
- People with lived experience of mental distress, the criminal justice system or both
The event will be hosted online through MS Teams and attendees can register their place in advance through the link below: