Age UK – Lewisham and Southwark
Age UK Lewisham and Southwark provide a wide range of services to support older people’s independence and wellbeing.
They aim to support the needs of the most vulnerable, socially excluded and isolated older members of the community. They do this by delivering a range of preventative solutions to negate potential emotional, financial and physical challenges that may accompany ageing.
Age UK’s services for Southwark residents include:
- Stones End Day Centre – a friendly, diverse and accessible day centre that offers activities, therapies and delicious healthy freshly cooked meals to older people.
- Healthy Living – drop-ins, day trips and events to improve physical and mental wellbeing and to promote an active lifestyle (availble to anyone aged 55+).
- Information, Advice & Access Southwark delivers a free, confidential, impartial advice and support service to older people living in Southwark through drop-in, outreach and home visiting.
- Independent Living Services – a range of services to help you to stay healthy and independent in your home for as long as possible, including Southwark SAIL.
- Latin American Elders (FULA) – meet to enjoy some social time together every Wednesday and Friday from 3:00pm to 5:30pm at Stones End Day Centre (for over 50 years old with a Latin American Background, Spanish or Portuguese speaking).
- Communities Living Well – opportunities for older people to try new activities and make new friendships.
- Scam Support – this service is to raise awareness regarding the various scams targeted at older people, provide resources where necessary to support victims of scams, signpost older people to the range of services available and where they can access further information and advice.
Who is this service for?
How to access
Address & Contact details
Stones End Centre 11 Scovell Road Southwark SE1 1QQ