Actionplus Foundation (UK)
We began in London in 1997 and 10 years later we opened in Ghana. Our vision is a world where people affected by HIV do not experience poverty, ill health and prejudice. We support people living with HIV/AIDS to play a central role in improving their own lives leading to permanent and lasting solutions.
In Ghana and in the UK we lead HIV education, support and empowerment. Working closely with our partner organisation, every day we are changing the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS. We operate at the heart of our community reaching out in churches, schools, colleges, clubs, markets, nail bars and barber shops.
Our organisation is built on four key outcomes:
• Preventing the transmission of HIV: We promote condom use and other ways of stopping HIV infection, through raising awareness around prevention campaigns.
• Promoting the benefit of early diagnosis: We know that HIV diagnosed early gives you more of an opportunity to manage the virus and can prevent onward transmission.
• Challenging prejudice: We tackle HIV stigma through education.
• Reducing poverty experienced by people living with HIV: Both in the UK and Ghana people living with HIV are living in poverty due to the disease.
• In Ghana and in the UK we lead HIV education, support and empowerment. Working closely with our partner organisations, every day we are changing the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS.
Who is this service for?
How to access
Address & Contact details
3 Space, Keeton’s Road Bermondsey London SE16 4EE