Galop is London’s LGBT anti-violence & abuse charity. They give advice and support to people who have experienced biphobia, homophobia, transphobia, sexual violence or domestic abuse. They also support lesbian, gay, bi, trans and queer people who have had problems with the police or have questions about the criminal justice system. Galop are a completely independent community-led group and they are not connected to the police. You can contact them anonymously if you choose.
Galop run the National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans* (LGBT) Domestic Violence Helpline. The helpline can be contacted on 0300 999 5428 or 0800 9995428 and the opening times are: 10am – 8pm Monday; 10am – 5pm Tuesday (1pm – 5pm Tuesday is trans-specific service); 10am – 5pm Wednesday; 10am – 8pm Thursday; 1pm – 5pm Friday.
Galop’s other services:
• Support and advice for people who have experienced hate crime, domestic abuse or sexual violence
• Specialist advocacy and support
• Help in reporting or getting what you need from police and other agencies
• Advice on the law and how the police work
• Applying for financial compensation for victims of crime
• Police complaints