Association of Therapeutic Communities
TCTC is a membership charity for all those connected with, interested or involved in the delivery of relationship based support and treatment across the entire human lifespan. We believe that relationships and shared responsibility are central to all organisations and that the overall social environment is critical to the effectiveness of any service. Therapeutic Communities (TCs) are settings where the whole context; the physical environment, the way the day is planned and the relationships a person has, are considered to be part of the therapeutic process.
• TCTC represents and promotes therapeutic communities (TCs), other therapeutic environments and TC values at a local and national level.
• We provide a focus for knowledge, research and training and offer support and information to TCs and to individuals and groups that want to know more about this approach.
• We publish a journal Therapeutic Communities with Emerald Publishing. See our Journal webpage.
• We run Sector Groups in Research and Development and Childrens and Young People.
• We run an Annual Conference held at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor Great Park. This year it is 21st-23rd October, day visitors very welcome.