Canada Water Library
Designed by world renowned architect Piers Gough, partner at CZWG architects, the Canada Water Library opened in November 2011. The library incorporates a range of cultural and community facilities, reflecting Southwark Council’s ambition to put libraries at the heart of community life.
Children: weekly and monthly activities
- Bookstart session – every Monday, 10am to 11.30am, term time only (ages 0 to 6)
- Board Games Club – every Monday, 4.30pm to 5.30pm, term time only (ages 6 and over)
- Baby Rhyme Time – every Tuesday, 2pm to 2.30pm
- Picture This, fun drawing club – alternate Tuesdays, 4pm to 5.30pm (ages 8 and over)
- Colour Me Happy, family fun with colouring sheets – Fridays, 3.30pm to 4.30pm, term time only (ages 4 and over and parents / carers)
- Baby and Toddler sessions – every Thursday, 11am to 11.45am (ages 0 to 5)
- Chatterbooks – first Thursday of every month, 4pm to 5pm (ages 7 to 11)
- Bookbusters, stories read aloud plus activities – every Saturday, 2pm to 3pm (ages 4 and over)
Adults: weekly and monthly activities
- special one-off author talks and events
- creative writing group – alternate Mondays, 1pm to 3pm
- ‘English +’, improve your English language skills – every Thursday, 12pm to 1pm
- evening adult book group
- free computer classes and learning in libraries
Who is this service for?
Anyone can join the library – you don’t even have to live in Southwark. For all hires enquiries see Venue Hire, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to access
Click on the website link below for opening times.
Address & Contact details
21 Surrey Quays Road London SE16 7AR