MindOut – Online Support
MindOut are a mental health service based in Brighton run by and for lesbians, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer people. They work to improve the mental health and wellbeing of LGBTQ communities and to make mental health a community concern.
MindOut run an instant messaging online support service that is confidential, non-judgemental and anonymous. They are open every day including weekends and evenings.
The service is run by trained online support workers and mental health advocates who are ready to provide emotional support, information or signpost you in the right direction. You can chat to them about whatever is on your mind, and they will always try and help in whatever way they can.
If you are in a crisis or in need of urgent support their online support service can:
- Listen to how you are feeling, without any judgement and without forcing unwanted advice or opinions
- Help you to think about ways to stay safe and develop coping strategies, if this is what you want
- Help you look for support and explore these options, if this is what you want
Their online support service also includes the following:
- Trans and Non Binary sessions
- Advocacy sessions, giving instant access to a member of the MindOut advocacy team
- Young LGBTQ sessions
- LGBTQ Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic sessions
You will always know when they are next online by checking the pink chat bubble that displays on every page of their website – and you can also leave them a message if they are offline and someone will be back in touch.