Lewisham Wellbeing Hub
The service is open from Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
Lewisham Wellbeing Hub
Regus London Lewisham Riverdale
Office 2.15 and 2.17
132 Lewisham High Street, 1St Floor,
London SE13 6EE
Phone: 0208 609 6747
- Community support
- Drop in
- Income Maximisation Support
- One to one support
- Peer support
- Personalisation workshops
The Lewisham Community Wellbeing Hub will provide timely, targeted support to help people across the diverse communities in Lewisham to manage their mental health. Our aim is to provide people with the tools, resources and links to local services to improve their wellbeing and resilience in the long term and the experience and expertise of existing staff is integral to achieving that. The service is open to anyone over 18 who lives in the London Borough of Lewisham, has experienced challenges with their mental health and who wants to improve their wellbeing.
The Service delivers time-limited interventions to local residents in order to support them to develop strong self-care practices, maintain their wellbeing and engage in the community.
The service offers:
- 1:1 support – up to 10 weeks of personalised support, including an initial assessment, and developing individualised goals and a support plan. As part of our 1:1 support offer, we will have specialist Mental Wellbeing Advisors, who will work with people from Black and ethnic minority groups, and migrants and refugees, delivering culturally sensitive and personalised, expert support.
- Wellbeing Workshops – a rolling programme of psychoeducational and psychosocial groups, delivered both in person and virtually. This will include workshops specifically for identified areas of need e.g. neurodiversity, men, older people, young people transitioning to adult services, and significant life changes such as divorce, and becoming a parent.
- Drop-in support, advice and navigation – a range of ways for people to contact the service if they have concerns or queries about their wellbeing, without needing a prior referral. This will include accessing our pop-ups in community venues across the borough, contacting our Hub Helpline, or sending us an email. We will provide navigation support and information, helping people to find appropriate support whether through our service and/or another appropriate service.
- Income Maximisation Support (groups and 1:1s) – providing information and support for service users to apply for benefits and relevant grant schemes to maximise their income, address debt issues, and develop/improve skills around budgeting and money management.
- Peer Support – volunteers with a lived experience of mental distress supporting others through 1:1 and group work (self-management groups), including in person, digital and telephone support options.
- Sydenham Garden – are a part of the Lewisham Wellbeing Hub and are sub-contractors with Together who use their gardens, nature reserve and activity rooms to help people in their recovery from mental and physical ill-health in Lewisham. The service aims to improve wellbeing through therapeutic activity and training, enabling people to move forward in a supportive community environment and you can read more on them and other community services in our Lewisham Wellbeing Hub Community Directory.
People can get in touch with us directly for self-referrals, or they can be referred to us by professionals. The service will be available to any Lewisham resident or anyone registered with a Lewisham GP, and aged over 18.
The service will be delivered from a hub location, as well as various pop-up locations across the borough, and virtual support options.
Making a referral to Lewisham Wellbeing Hub
Referrals can be made to the Hub by health and social care professionals referring a person or people can refer themselves using the Lewisham Wellbeing Hub Referral Form.
Accessing the Lewisham Wellbeing Hub Community Directory
We have a community directory where we list services in the area that can provide further specialist support relating to mental health and that is available through the Lewisham Wellbeing Hub Community Directory.