SLaM Psychology and Psychotherapy for Older Adults (Southwark)
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) is the main provider of mental health care in Southwark.
The team offers a range of specialist, evidence based, psychological interventions to people aged 65 and over who are experiencing moderate or severe mental health difficulties or dementia. We also see younger people who are experiencing memory or other cognitive problems. We work with families and others caring for people with these difficulties.
Services offered include:
• Cognitive behaviour therapy
• Family therapy
• Psychodynamic psychotherpy
• Groups to help people adjust to and manage cognitive difficulties
• Support for families and carers
• Assessments of cognitive function and advice on strategies to manage these difficulties
• Assessment and advice on managing challenging behaviour
• We see people in local clinics but can offer home visits.