Together wins Specialist Provider of the Year award for Your Way service
Posted on 28, November 2012
Together’s Your Way model – the charity’s answer to personalisation has won Major Specialist Care Provider at this year’s Independent Healthcare APEX (IHA) awards.
The IHA awards give recognition to best practice within specialist healthcare, inviting entries from across the sector which are reviewed by an independent panel of judges with expert knowledge of the field.
Your Way is an innovative model that offers flexible, tailor-made, community based support to meet both individual’s needs and those of local commissioners. Its delivery is based on five key elements:
- User leadership: individuals lead their journey to wellbeing as experts in their own recovery
- Meaningful personalisation: customers benefit from true person-led support
- An open offer of support: each relationship begins with a blank piece of paper
- Peer Support: everyone can access high quality peer support from those with shared experience
- Healthy community living: people are supported to access mainstream services
Sian Wynne, National Your Way development manager at Together says: “We are confident that the Your Way approach is the future of mental health support and so welcome recognition of its innovation and specifically its commitment to putting people at the centre of the support they receive.
It’s key elements of user leadership, peer support and healthy, independent community living were born out of the expertise of those with lived experience of distress, which we hope authenticates the self-directed support it offers.
“But, it’s not only about an ethos or ideology, Your Way also provides a practical business solution; one that allows local services to operate under personal budgets and enables service users to effectively access them and creatively utilise them.”