Parent Advocacy is available for parents with learning difficulties, learning disabilities, autism and mental health issues who are going through child protection and family court proceedings.
Advocates work to:
- Help parents understand information being shared by a range of professionals involved in the child protection and family court process
- Support professionals to provide easy read information
- Help parents understand and secure their rights within the process
- Help parents make informed choices
- Ensure that parents have their voice heard by supporting them to express their views and wishes
Advocates are independent, qualified and experienced in understanding the rights of parents within the child protection process.
To find out more about parent advocacy and how to make a referral click on the links below: