PALS- Patient advice and liasion service
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers. You can find officers from PALS in your local hospital.
PALS provides help in many ways. For example, it can:
• help you with health-related questions
• help resolve concerns or problems when you’re using the NHS
• tell you how to get more involved in your own healthcare
PALS can give you information about:
• the NHS
• the NHS complaints procedure, including how to get independent help if you want to make a complaint
• support groups outside the NHS
• PALS also helps to improve the NHS by listening to your concerns and suggestions.