Media Community Network
Media Community Network Limited is a registered charity that lets young people speak through film about the issues they face.
For the participants, the key benefits of MCNLtd’s approach are:
· Improved self-confidence from exercising ownership of the film’s content
· Increased empathy for others, team work and co-operation
· Improved presentation skills, verbal reasoning and communication techniques
· Experience of practical film making skills, including interviewing and simple editing
· Simple research tasks including internet searches
· Achieving greater understanding of media and documentary formats including the usefulness of comedy to widen audience reach
· A solid contribution to each participant’s portfolio and personal profile while the wider community benefits from:
· Increased awareness of an issue and how it is viewed by the participants
· Participants improved sense of connection to their school, teachers, parents and the wider community.