Institute for Optimum Nutrition
At ION, we believe it is vital to cover all aspects of health, both orthodox and complementary, in order to achieve a complete understanding of the subject. Our activities focus on achieving optimum physical and mental health by a careful and thorough evaluation of an individual’s nutritional requirements. We are committed to advance nutritional education and awareness to the public and health professionals.
The Institute for Optimum Nutrition is an independent, not for profit educational charity whose principal activity is to further the knowledge and practice of optimum nutrition. Its objectives are:
• To advance education of the public and health professionals in all matters relating to nutrition.
• To preserve and protect the health of the general public by giving advice and assistance where necessary through nutritional therapy.
The Institute does this by:
• Providing information in its own publications and through media contributions
• Conducting various community ‘outreach’ programmes and events
• Providing educational courses currently ranging from the Home Study course to the Diploma in Nutritional Therapy.