“everyone has the right to a good life”
Certitude provides personalised support across London to people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health support needs as well as their families and carers.
WHAT THEY DO:
Certitude supports to people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health support needs comes in many forms. From essential round-the-clock support, to independent living in the community; from helping after a period of crisis, to rebuilding connections with family and friends. They encourage people to find new interests, make new friends, get out and about and have fun. For carers and families, they offer respite care and short breaks. They also work closely with local authorities, communities and others involved in delivering support.
- Mental Health Support
- A variety of recovery-focused services, from supported living to specialist intensive support, to help people leave hospital or get support in a crisis.
- Learning Disability Support
- They have over 25 years experience supporting people with learning disabilities and autism to have as much control and choice over their lives as possible, to achieve their goals and dreams for a good life.
- Autism Support
- Certitude has been supporting people with Autism for over 25 years to live their lives in ways that work for them.
- Family Support
- Family members have knowledge and expertise that they have acquired during a lifetime of knowing and loving a person. They believe it is their role to listen to, value and respect families of people we support. By working together, they can ensure each person has the right support provided by the right people in their life.
- Short Breaks (respite)
- They provide short-term respite and short breaks for carers by providing overnight stays for people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Outreach Support
- Their Outreach services support people who live in their own home and need support with some day to day tasks.
- Intensive Support
- Their highly-trained Intensive Support Team works across our organisation to ensure staff are providing the highest levels of specialist support and that people and their families are able to live good, meaningful lives that work for them.
- Shared Lives
- People can live with a Shared Lives Carer in their home, either in a long-term arrangement or on a respite basis, which may be a day, a weekend, or a few weeks at a time.
- Connected Community
- London is a vibrant and exciting city. With so much going on, they focus on making the most of the opportunities the capital has to offer.
- Supported Living
- The majority of support they provide is known as supported living, which focuses on supporting people to live in their own house either on their own or with others.
- Registered Care
- The support they provide focuses on building people’s confidence and skills so they are able to live as independently as possible. For some people, due to the complexity of the support they need, Certitude provides registered care home support.
- Day Opportunities
- They provide lots of opportunities for people to get out and about, take part in activities, make friends and learn something new. Their day services are always buzzing with activity.
THEIR ORGANISATIONAL VALUES (which underpin their support):
- Working together – successful support comes through working alongside the people they support, their families, carers and local communities.
- Continuously improving
- Inspired by people – they believe in people and their capabilities
- Dependable – they are reliable; they understand the stability that their support can provide to people and their families.