Cassandra Learning Centre
Cassandra Learning Centre aims to raise the awareness of domestic violence in our communities and to educate young people in identifying what constitute domestic abusive relationships.
Cassandra Learning Centre offer the following services:
For Young People:
- Telephone and face-to-face appointments. CLC’s specially trained workers can provide you with one off support or a series of ongoing appointments depending on what you need. They can help you to work out what your options are. The workers will provide you with non-judgemental support and will respect the choices you make.
- Referrals to other specialist organisations depending on what you need e.g. housing advice, legal advice, financial advice etc.
- Training for organisations that wish to improve their understanding of domestic violence and how this relates to young people.
- Workshops aimed at your client group. These workshops focus on helping individuals to recognise signs of abusive relationships, what constitutes a healthy relationship and where to seek help. Previous work has included delivering workshops in prison settings and within further education settings.
- Casework. Professionals can engage CLC casework services to conduct specific pieces of work with individuals. This will usually consist of a support and action plan.
- Risk assessments. CLC can conduct risk assessments either as part of the casework package or as a standalone offer. This will consist of an in-depth risk assessment and associated risk reduction strategy.
CLC also run regular events and workshops including family support, coffee mornings and women’s groups.