Cassandra Learning Centre
Cassandra Learning Centre aims to raise the awareness of domestic violence in our communities and to educate young people in identifying what constitute domestic abusive relationships.
Cassandra Learning Centre offer the following services:
For Young People:
- Telephone and face-to-face appointments. CLC’s specially trained workers can provide you with one off support or a series of ongoing appointments depending on what you need. They can help you to work out what your options are. The workers will provide you with non-judgemental support and will respect the choices you make.
- Referrals to other specialist organisations depending on what you need e.g. housing advice, legal advice, financial advice etc.
- Training for organisations that wish to improve their understanding of domestic violence and how this relates to young people.
- Workshops aimed at your client group. These workshops focus on helping individuals to recognise signs of abusive relationships, what constitutes a healthy relationship and where to seek help. Previous work has included delivering workshops in prison settings and within further education settings.
- Casework. Professionals can engage CLC casework services to conduct specific pieces of work with individuals. This will usually consist of a support and action plan.
- Risk assessments. CLC can conduct risk assessments either as part of the casework package or as a standalone offer. This will consist of an in-depth risk assessment and associated risk reduction strategy.
CLC also run regular events and workshops including family support, coffee mornings and women’s groups.
Please get in touch to see how we can help.
We are really flexible and can work around you. We can come and meet you, or you can drop in and see us. If you’d rather speak to us over the phone, or send us an email or text – that’s fine too.
Opening hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Drop-in hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 1pm – 4pm (6 x 30min face-to-face appointments available on these days)
Call: 0203 751 9684
Text: ‘HUB1’ and your query to 82727
Drop in: You won’t usually need to make an appointment to come in and see us in the afternoons.
If you want to pop in during the hours of 12pm-4.30pm, just turn up and someone will be there ready to speak to you.
You can visit us at the main Hub here:
Southwark Wellbeing Hub, at Thames Reach Employment Academy, 29 Peckham Road, London, SE5 8UA.
Come to Reception and ask for the Southwark Wellbeing Hub. Someone from our team will then come and meet you.
Closest train stations: Peckham Rye and Denmark Hill
Buses: 12, 36, 171, 345, 436 (Vestry Rd stop)
You don’t need an appointment to visit us at one of our pop-up locations. These locations may change month to month so do come back to find out where we are currently.
Dragon Cafe, Crypt of St George the Martyr Church, Borough High St, SE1 1JA
Closest tube station: Borough
Buses: 35, 40, 133, 343, C10 (Borough stop)
Dragon Café is across the street from Borough tube station, and based inside St George the Martyr’s church, in their crypt.
Mondays at 14:00 – 16:00 (this Pop Up is closed during January)
Pembroke House, 80 Tatum Street, London SE17 1QR
Train/Tube: Elephant and Castle
Bus: 42 (Congreve St stop) 21, 53, 63, 168, 172, 363, 453 (Old Kent Road East Street stop)
Every Tuesday at 11.00 – 13.00 (see Events calendar for dates)
Blackfriars Settlement, 1 Rushworth Street, London SE1 0RB
Bus: 35, 40, 133, 343, C10 (Southwark Street); 45, 63, 100 (Pocock Street); 344 (Great Suffolk Street); 381, RV1 (Lavington Street)
This Pop Up is run in conjuction with Blackfriars Settlement and Three Cs‘ Well Connected programme.
The first Thursday of each month at 10.00 – 12.00 (see Events calendar for dates)
Nunhead Surgery, 58 Nunhead Grove, London SE15 3LY
Bus: 78, P12 (Nunhead Green stop)
When you first arrive at the Nunhead Surgery, present yourself at reception. This Pop Up can be used by patients of Nunhead Surgery – please contact the surgery to book an appointment.
Thursdays at 14:00 – 17:00 (closed on the third Thursday of each month – see Events calendar for details)
Inspire Café, The Crypt At St Peters, Liverpool Grove, London SE17 2HH
Bus: 12, 35, 45, 148, 171 (Westmoreland Road stop)
Fridays at 12:00 – 15:00