DRescue (formerly known as Divine Rescue) is a registered charity that was inspired & driven by the faith of Catherine Msoni, & Lucklyn Ezedom, in 2005.
Initially the project began from a bench in East Street, Southwark, with the help of a committed team of volunteers; support of Southwark Police; the former NDC & ‘Red Ochre’.
DRescue’s mission statement aims to touch & change lives through training & mentoring; supporting clients through hard times, e.g. helping the homeless & substance abuse victims to find their pathway through social support & care to achieve their goals. To provide excellent services for the people we work for, & to develop new services where we know there is a need & that we are best placed to meet it.
In 2010, DRescue moved to its current location at Thurlow Lodge Community Centre & maintains a strong bond with their clientele, the community & continues to fundraise.
We offer our clients support to meet their needs e.g:
- Keyworkers who assess clients needs & cater our services to match that need, whether it be in-house, through referral or partner organisations
- Outreach, where we mostly provide sandwiches & introduce our services to the clients in Southwark & the surrounding areas
- Training to help empower & enable clients to move on & potentially get back into mainstream society
- Support through clothes that are donated by local residents & local businesses
- Free meals which include: breakfast, lunch & afternoon tea. Our current times are: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
In addition to our services, we currently offer our clients FREE legal support via a qualified solicitor’s surgery at our base. This advice includes:
- Debt Recovery
- Divorce & Family
- Landlord & Tenant
- Residential Conveyancing
- Business Law
- Criminal Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
Legal surgeries are currently offered on: Wednesdays 11:00 am − 2:00 pm