Project Manager: Sandra Bray
Operation & Development Manager: Andrew Farquhar
Peer Support Coordinator: Matthew Bromley
Our partners in running this service: Kent County Council
Referrals accepted from: Community mental health teams, GPs, carers, family and friends, plus self-referral.
About the service
This service covers Sheppey and Sittingbourne areas.
Accessing Your Way is designed to be as easy and straight forward as possible. We aim to make support genuinely self directed for everyone we work with.
Your Way works alongside individuals as they overcome obstacles and move forward with their life. That could include:
- Managing mental health
- Entering education
- Returning to work
- Finding new hobbies and social activities
- Solving housing issues
- Making friends
- Organising finances
- Reducing need for mental health services
We help people build structures that help them stay well, their way. The essential elements of Your Way are:
- User leadership – Individuals lead their journey to wellbeing and are experts in their own recovery.
- Meaningful personalisation – People we support benefit from person-centred and “person-led” support.
- Open minded approach and excellent customer service – Every Your Way relationship starts with a conversation and a blank piece of paper. Nothing is pre-determined and everything is possible. If we can’t do it, we’ll help you find it elsewhere.
- Peer support – Everyone can access high quality peer support based on user leadership.
- Healthy living in the community – We help people identify and access mainstream solutions within their own community and recognise the importance of a healthy mind, body and spirit.
What we offer:
- Bespoke one-to-one support to help individuals achieve their recovery goals
- Person-centred planning, using Recovery Star, WRAP Plan or other tailored tools
- Support to improve physical and mental wellbeing, access work, leisure, education and training opportunities
- Links with organisations, networks and peers across the local community
- An open-minded approach, and a service built on the principles of user leadership and excellent customer service
- Tailored support via personal budgets, direct payments, spot purchase and self-funders
- Peer support and peer support training
- Tailored volunteer opportunities
- A flexible programme of service user led groups and activities in the community
To find out more about the service, please get in touch.