Project Manager: Sam Gorman
Operations & Development Manager: James Gillespie
Our partners in running this service: Wiltshire Council
Opening hours: Each tenant receives seven hours of support made by appointment Monday – Friday.
About the service
Angel Yard opened in January 2005 as a new build.
Approach and outlook
Angel Yard supported housing is aimed at anyone who has a history of severe or long-term mental health problems and needs some support to live on their own. Staff encourage tenants to live as independently as possible, and support them with any aspect of their lives that they find challenging.
Angel Yard is located in the heart of the beautiful market town of Marlborough. Set at the back of the town’s high street, the amenities nearby include supermarkets, a post office and a range of shops. Marlborough is only 11 miles from Swindon.
Service user profile
Tenants must be below pension age.
Average length of stay or use of facilities
All contracts are set at a two-year fixed tenancy.
Activities and support on offer
The support on offer depends on the needs of the individual. It may cover:
- money matters: supporting people with managing their money, claiming the correct benefits and paying bills/rent
- jobs around the flat: cleaning, shopping, cooking etc.
- social support: helping tenants to explore educational, work and leisure opportunities
- practical support e.g. with local transport, managing the tenant’s flat, looking after medication, advocacy issues etc.
- emotional and physical issues: supporting the tenant to connect with their GP and other health care professionals. This also includes being on hand to provide advice and listen to problems the tenant may have.
Links with useful organisations
Tenants have been supported to connect with Wiltshire Quest and local colleges to undertake educational courses and qualifications.
Referrals must come from within the Wiltshire area. Working closely with Homes 4 Wiltshire, we take referrals from individuals’ care managers. Initially a Manager from the service will visit the prospective tenant to find out if his/her needs can be met by the service. After the visit an assessment form will be completed based on the information that the prospective tenant and care coordinator have provided. A decision will then be made.
Angel Yard consists of three self-contained flats and a separate office. The flats are one-bedroom apartments with a separate kitchen and living room. There are no communal areas.
Catering and laundry
All flats are fully furnished with white goods. Support is available to assist tenants with their cooking and laundry.