Comments, compliments and complaints

We  believe that the best way to improve services is by learning from the people who use them. We welcome comments, compliments and complaints from service users, carers and the people we come into contact with in our work. These help us to see what we are doing well and where we can make improvements to our services.

Comments and compliments

If you’ve had a good experience, or there’s something you really like about a Together service, we’d like to hear about it. If there’s something you want to say about the service you receive or you have ideas about changes we could make that would improve them, please let us know.

If you’ve had a good experience, or there’s something you want to say about the service you receive, we’d like to hear about it.”

You can either pass your compliments or comments on to a worker or put them in writing. There will be information about who to write to or a form for you to fill in if you prefer at your local service.

If you’re not a user of our services, but would like to pass on a comment or compliment, please use one of the contact options or ask at your local service. You can also use the doc Comments, compliments and complaints form if you have a complaint about Together.

Complaints about Together services

If there’s something that you’re not happy with in a service you receive from Together, please read the complaints procedure in our doc Comments, compliments and complaints form. This leaflet also has a form you can use to make a written complaint.

If problems do arise, we will deal with them in a fair way that respects your rights and does not victimise you in any way. Our procedure is confidential and we’ll keep you informed of what is happening.

Making a complaint to another body

There are a number of other organisations that can investigate complaints against mental health workers, doctors, psychiatrists and local authorities.

British Psychological society
The BPS is the representative body for psychologists and psychology in the UK and can investigate complaints against psychologists.

General Medical Council
The GMC is the regulator of the medical profession. It has the powers to act against problem doctors, including psychiatrists.

Local Government Ombudsmen
Local Government Ombudsmen investigate complaints of injustice arising from maladministration by local authorities and certain other bodies, including those relating to housing and social services.

Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland
An independent body whose work is mostly concerned with safeguarding the rights and welfare of people being cared for under the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003, or the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000. It also runs a user and carer advice line on 0800 389 6809 (weekdays only).


Northern Ireland Ombudsman
Deals with complaints from people who believe they have suffered injustice as a result of maladministration by public bodies in Northern Ireland.

Public Services Ombudsman For Wales
The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales is to investigate complaints from members of the public about the way they have been treated by a public body.

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
For members of the public making a complaint about any public service in Scotland, including NHS trusts, health boards and local authorities.