Designed to find and develop the future leaders of non-profit organisations, the Charityworks programme offers a unique opportunity for talented graduates to gain experience and build networks across the social sector.
Charityworks is the UK non-profit sector’s graduate scheme; we place graduates in a range of leading non-profit organisations (charities and housing associations) across the country as part of a paid, one-year experience which includes a training and development programme, regular meetings with a mentor, and an opportunity to produce 3 pieces of independent research.
Charityworks offers graduates:
- A full time salary for 12 months
- A full professional development programme, accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Mentoring from a sector expert or professional coach
- A peer group of like-minded graduates pursuing a similar career
- Access to the Charityworks network of charities, housing associations, mentors, alumni, and sector experts
- The opportunity to produce 3 pieces of independent research
Charityworks and all our partner organisations are passionate about working to make a social impact, and we want to work with people who feel the same way. We are looking for people resilient enough to work in a sector going through a great deal of change, with the ability to think intelligently to find solutions to society’s most difficult problems.
I want to believe in what I do. Flexibility is important too – I want the chance to try different roles before specialising. The programme sounds great and I would definitely apply.” Lucy, student
How to apply
We know we will always need management and leadership talent. Charity Works is an innovative and cost-effective way to attract new talent, as well as the opportunity to reach out to graduates who are in our organisations now and want to stay.” Isabelle Simons Evans, HR Director, The Children’s Society